How do I know if my place is secured?
Once you have paid your deposit or full payment then you will receive an automatic email confirming your order has been received.
Underneath the confirmation and your own billing address, you will find a short paragraph confirming your place(s) at NFCC 2022 and a link to refer to if you have any further questions.
Payment and completing the booking form will automatically secure your place(s) at camp unless we have posted on social media & the website that there are no places left.
What restrictions will be in place in relation to Covid 19?
Children and young people aged 18 and under can get coronavirus (COVID-19), but it's usually a mild illness and most get better in a few days. However, if you have any of the symptoms listed below, even if your symptoms are mild, please stay at home and do not travel to NFCC.
Symptoms of COVID-19 can include:
- a high temperature or shivering (chills) – a high temperature means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
- shortness of breath
- feeling tired or exhausted
- an aching body
- a headache
- a sore throat
- a blocked or runny nose
- loss of appetite
- feeling sick or being sick
- The symptoms are very similar to symptoms of other illnesses, such as colds and flu.
Please check https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus and https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/coronavirus-in-children/ for the most up to date advice.
What does each camper need to bring with them?
You can check out our 'Kit List' by clicking the tab at the top of the page or by clicking the link below to download the full list.
The most important things to bring are:
- a waterproof coat
- more than 1 pair or shoes or wellies
- something to sleep on (air bed/roll mat or camp bed - please don't bring double beds as there's not always enough space in the tent!)
- a sleeping bag (and possibly a blanket too)
- clothes that you don't mind getting muddy!
What are the rules on electronic equipment?
Campers may bring electronic equipment with them for their journey to camp but once they arrive on site this will all be collected in and stored by the camp leader to ensure it is safe.
The children may have their phones (and any other electronic equipment they have brought) during the day trip to Bournemouth on Wednesday and then they will hand it back into the leaders when they return to camp.
What are the transport arrangements?
There is no transport to and from camp provided by NFCC. You can find the address of the camp site and a map on our website.
If you are unable to drive there is also a nearby train station (Salisbury) which we can arrange for you to be collected from.
Contact numbers during the week
During the week the campers will only have access to their mobile phones during the day trip to Bournemouth on Wednesday.
The Senior Leaders can be contacted on the numbers below in case of an emergency only. The leaders are unable to provide updates on individual campers through the week but daily general updates will be posted on our Facebook page.
Louisa - 07977 138568
Mark - 07962 149898
Katy - 07886 550108
Kaz - 07595 620951
Dave - 07377 135134